Carolina Girls - the Interview VIII

Meet Mari!

Mari's Morning Room

She's our Carolina Girl this week. She hails from Mari's Morning Room and she has lots to say. I have actually met Mari in real life at a Mom Blog Mixer. It was a blast and let me tell you she is funny. And she's modest because she is an Author with two books being published in 2010 and she did'nt even mention it. Go check out her blog. You'll keep going back.

Where are you from (can be as general as you wish)?

Born in Mississippi. Grew up in Chicago. Now living in Raleigh for the last six years.

What is the name of your blog?

Mari's Morning Room

How did you name your blog?

My husband and I were looking at houses. We fell in love with one and I mentioned that if we ever got it, I'd want the morning room (big beautiful sunroom). It would be an additional $10,000. I was told, ummm not going to happen. So when I started my blog, it was my first thought. I can *to* have my morning room. Yeah I know, stubborn. What can I say?

How did you get into blogging?

A friend of mine wanted me to blog while I was at my first ever writers conference. I really didn't have a clue what I was doing. She's one of my dearest friends, so I could not turn her down. I created my account, started blogging and haven't regretted it!

What do you wish to convey on your blog?

What I like to convey is that God is good. We are flawed and imperfect and that's okay because He's still working with us. Also I like to give folks a peek into my own life so maybe they'll see that theirs isn't so bad ;) I do post book reviews, cause, well I love books and I like to share them. LOL


What is your favorite thing about your blog?

The absolute randomness of it. You could get on there one day and I share a video, nexy day is a Bible study and another is a random event from my life. They say variety is the spice of life. If that's true, my blog is a Jalepeno pepper!

What is your favorite Ben N Jerry's Flavor?

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough WOOT WOOT!

What is your favorite song/iTune right now?

It's a tie between No Looking Back by Damita Haddon and Voice of a Savior by Mandisa

Starbucks or Mc Donald's?

Starbucks - for the Caramel Apple Spice

Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts (there is one answer here for Carolina Girls! Just kidding!) ? ;)

Is this a real question? Krispy Kreme hands down!

A favorite Carolina food or restaurant?

Carolina Crab Cakes

What is a favorite place in Carolina?

The mountains! Went for the first time for our 15th wedding anniversary. We stayed at a B&B in Waynesville. It was incredible. I simply adore the mountains.

Favorite Beach or Mountain Locale?

I've not been to Asheville officially yet but we loved Waynesville when we went.

Would you like to add a picture of your blog or book that is relevant to the interview?

I attached a picture of myself. My 12 yo took it. Everyone calls it the Lady in Red picture. I find that hysterical since I'm usually in something black!

Thanks so much Mari!


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Enjoyed having another interview to read! Always look forward to learning about our "Carolina Girls"!

~Beth

LisaShaw said...

It was nice getting to know her better and I'll have to visit her blog. I can relate to her desire to have a little bit of this and that on her blog but all unto the glory of GOD.

Bless you!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love to read your interviews with another one of *OUR* Carolina girls!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks girl for interviewing me! I can't wait to get to know some more Carolina Girls, well cause we ROCK!