More of Lovely Charleston in the Summertime






Here are some more pictures from our lovely time in Charleston. The first is "my Rainbow Row from the Bicycle!" Really, I shot lots of these from the camera as we rode around downtown. So my Rainbow Row is just that. It is a bit longer and more visible when the foilage is not so immense. Here it is live.

The next one is Mountain Man and Me on the beach - Sullivan's Island. We walked along the beach and reminisced - a bit - it was hot and we were ready for Charleston and the adventures that were waiting there.

Next is City Market live. This lady was gracious enough to let me capture this moment. They do some impressive work.

Mountain Man doing what he does most days - leading me! Thank heavens! To be a mountain man, he is more than a Southern Gentleman! ;)

Finally, Carolina Mama and breakfast in bed! @ 9am hear ye! Complete with our Antibellum Poster Bed. Nice! The canopy brings memories gone by. All was quite enjoyable.

The breakfast in bed sans twin boys was a treat. From the look on my face, I am stunned and waiting the entrance of the Tigers or this is Carolina Mama unplugged - first wake in the morning - pre-coffee, lipstick, i.e. not awake! I love those breakfasts in bed where Mountain Man and the Tigers all land in the bed with me, the breakfast, etc. However, this peaceful little private breakfast was just what Mama needed.

Mountain Man never thought he would hear it - Carolina Mama requesting the quiet in our room at times. Complete quiet. No radio, television, wi-fi, etc. The sound of silence... the same girl that some years ago at college in this same state would say to her mama, "Mommy, the library is so quiet it gives me a headache." Somebody has grown up!

Happy 10th Anniversary begins...!

Tell me about your Anniversary Celebrations and traditions? And how many years?!

p.s. I didn't notice until viewing this post, that I slipped back into those sorority days of pearls and a tee shirt - our daily attire back then. Not so much today with the Tigers. The tee shirt maybe....

7 comments:

HDMac said...

I love reading about and seeing pictures of your Charleston trip. there are 3 places that are on my goals to see.... Charleston, Savannaugh and The Grand Canyon. Someday!!!! :)

BethAnne said...

Love, Love, Love Charleston. Looks like you had a great time. I have enjoyed reading about your trip.

Jackie said...

What a lovely city! And congrats on 10 years...you look like you're more in love than ever! :)

Smelling Coffee said...

The breakfast in bed at 9am sounds heavenly! My husband and I will be married 16 years this October. We went on a cruise for our 10th anniversary, and that was wonderful. But the anniversary that really sticks out in my mind was our 8th anniversary. We had planned on going to a lovely bed and breakfast not too far from here, and my entire family (husband included) came down with head lice! Our son brought it home from school...

The funniest part of this story was that my husband was already at the bed and breakfast on a business retreat when he discovered he had not escaped the "plague" and the B&B manager politely requested that we NOT come back for the weekend. Instead, he gave James a full refund and a coffee mug! We've had quite a few laughs about that missed anniversary celebration!!!

Kelsey S said...

What a beautiful city!

kelsey
mysweetlife.org

Miss Lisa said...

Wow--breakfast in bed--I'd be happy with just that for my anniversary ;)

Mindy said...

I love Charleston, so much rich history and character.