My Own Coconut Oil Recipes



One of my girlfriends kept mentioning this Virgin Coconut Oil and how great it is. Then the next thing you know, Tropical Traditions sent me a lovely 32.oz jar of my very own and first virgin Coconut Oil! At first, I was kind of curious. It was pretty in its presentation and the book looked good. Then I kinda was afraid of it. Like what to do and then Jen said the magic words.... just treat it like Olive Oil! And that was my ah-ha moment of Coconut Oil.

Since then, I have gotten really creative in the kitchen and Mountain Man and the Tigers are happy about that. So I thought I would share some of the goodness here.

The first thing I made was Fresh Ratatouille! A Summertime delight in its own right. All of the abundance of homegrown veggies were perfect in the recipe I posted here. Remember I substituted sauteing in olive oil for the lovely coconut oil and it was divine and oh so healthy eating.

Then my next soiree was that of a high caliber restaurant. My Grilled Salmon. Basically here's what I did.

Put a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan and then let it get hot. Sprinkle a Salmon Steak with Emeril's Seafood Seasoning and placed a salmon in the grill. Let it sear to what we Cajuns call "blackened." Then set your timer and make sure each side if cooked five minutes or so. We loved this dish that I served up with fresh green beans.

Then we added to the Menu these amazing Weight Watchers Brownies! You heard it here. It's a WW recipe that was circulating this week. And my sweet leader asked if I would give those a try this week and come back to class with my review! How's that my first Weight Watchers review for my classmates!

Happily I obliged the next night! Here's my Coconut Brownies recipe:

Take 1 Box of Truffle Brownie Mix from Trader Joe's
1 Can of Black Beans, drained, and blended in a food processor, I added 2 T. of water that really helped smooth them out
Then my kicker ingredient: 1 T. Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil

Blend and cook as directed on the box. These were amazing and brought down the house with compliments. The chocolate was bakery grade. And everyone loved them. The Coconut Oil gave them a little moisture and sweet flavor that is a healthy addition.

These recipes were exciting and tasty and fresh. Something new and I have to say it was a nice addition to my usual recipes with regular olive oil.

Another yummmo creation I had was Grilled Coconut Shrimp! This was super and the easy factor is really high. Grill shrimp in light Coconut Oil and enjoy with whole wheat pasta. Oh my goodness! This was great.

That's my entry for this week's Tasty Tuesday by Jen. These are so tasty. Please share your favorites and what you like this Tuesday.

Have a great week! And remember why make store bought when you can make it homemade! :)


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh my goodness...seriously? Yum. I know it's supposed to be so much better for you too. Thanks for sharing with Tasty Tuesday.

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Ohhh girl! I'm going to have to try the Fresh Ratatouille recipe. I'm so happy you all are enjoying it.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

We discovered coconut oil recently & saute w/ it often...can't wait to try your brwonie recipe!