Buying Made in the USA - Sweetgrass Baskets at City Market


Good Monday Morning to all! We had an awesome weekend complete with amazing Fall weather. We enjoyed being outdoors.

Like everyone, lately I have been thinking about our country's financial and political goings on. One thing has been on my mind through it all, how have we gotten in the situation where we find it difficult to purchase products in the USA Made in the USA?!

This summer I took these pictures above of Sweetgrass Baskets were taken in the Charleston City Market, these women have incredible talent and workmanship. There is homegrown right before your eyes. We did support these ladies and I want to keep 'supporting' them. Their products are amazing!

Some years back, I recall Wal-Mart's strong effort to support our country and they would mark their products Made in the USA. Ever since my children became more aware and since the lead based paints in the toys made in China, I get frustrated too often when I pick up a toy or whatever good and it is made in China. I know there are reasons to out-of-country source. And I know the plight of the people in these countries. That is a whole other post.

Right now I am seeking out ways to buy Made in the USA. And I love supporting other Mamas who are entrepreneurial moms, or just companies in general here in our country. WIth Christmas coming, I know I have mentioned before, but I love the little Etsy shop. If I cannot make it for time or talent, someone at Etsy can. I love that.

We are continuing our search to purchase Carolina homegrown goods whenever possible. These pictures above were taken in the Charleston City Market, these women have incredible talent and workmanship. There is homegrown right before your eyes. We did support these ladies and I want to keep 'supporting' them. Their products are amazing!

How do you do it? Are there any shops, retailers, etc. that you would share? Does this frustrate you too?

Gotta scoot, the Tigers have a field trip today. And it is a flawless day for it.

Warmly,

3 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

My dad was a small business owner, and we always appreciated (and needed) the local support. When I can, I try to do the same. Haven't checked out etsy yet... I'll put that on the internet "to do" list.

Blessings to you...

Shannon said...

What a great find! We also try to buy local and things made in the USA. Only going to Walmart now if it is an absolute necessity.

MT said...

Beautiful baskets; I remember learning how to make those in elementary school art class. Many, many years ago!

I do think I'll be shopping Etsy for some xmas gifts this year; made in the USA by US mommies sounds good to me.

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog - appreciate the comment. Don't we all just crave comments?

;)

Your blog is lovely, too. Love the gerber daisy theme...

Nice to meet you!