Macy's Heart of Haiti Helps Haitians Directly

Passion drives a lot of what we do.  And I have to tell you, I am passionate about what Macy's is doing for Haiti.  Macy's has partnered with artisans from Haiti to help sell their wares and then Macy's gets the income right back into their pockets there in Haiti.

Welcome Heart of Haiti !  Now, that is an awesome program and way of helping other countries in so great need.  And the work is sheer quality.  Hand-made, not made in China Thank you!  Seriously, hand-crafted means a great deal now days.

Look at these beautiful pieces!




Macy's Heart of Haiti sent me this beautiful Heart of Haiti Serveware, Einstein Rustic Nut Bowl !  It is classic and timeless.

I fell in love with it and put it on the mantle!


"Naturally brilliant, the Einstein Rustic nut bowl is named for the artist and hand-carved from the wood of a fast-growing, renewable obeche tree found in Haiti's gorgeous mountainsides. With a lacquer finish to handle hot and cold snacks."



 Seriously, it is that fabulous.  It has many uses.  Yet, I find it more of an heirloom type piece.  Of course, I wanted to order a 12 piece set.  And maybe I will or should.  I know they wills stand the test of time and better than that, the money is helping Haitians live well. 

You can join the Heart of Haiti Facebook Page and follow along and get information about the artisans. 

Until then, I think these items can make awesome Christmas presents and you'll 'gift' the Haitians who create them as well. 


Warmly,  Carolina Mama


*I partnered with Macy's Heart of Haiti for this article. 

1 comment:

Danica Kombol said...

I work at Everywhere on the Macy's Heart of Haiti campaign. Thanks for your "heartfelt" post. So amazing to hold one of the bowls and know an artisan made it and your purchase is making a difference. In fact, your blog post makes a difference!