Summer Fun the Twin Games





It's wild and crazy and it's our life. The boys come up with these things. They l.o.v.e the boxes at Sam's Club. That is the empty boxes at Sam's. Okay you might say, good, cheap fun. True. However, the great fun escalates to a level that is hardly human - thus the Tigers. The picture icons have been added as a privacy issue. So don't let a cheeseburger distract you from the cuteness of the boys. ;)

I love it!

It days like this when people just look at us that I know that nothing else matters. So I spend a lot of my days thoroughly amazed, and amused to say the least. And of course, like most moms, I spend time focusing on the delicate balance of letting the children run amuck and tightening the reins too tightly. Anyone else in touch with this emotion?!

As a full-time Mama, I will admit it's pretty 'full-time' to keep it all in check. I am sure this is something we all work towards today. Parenting so that they experience reckless abandon in a safe and playful environment and then having the necessary boundaries. Knowing when enough really is enough. Growing.

Oh, the game continued. Once in the car, they decided that the boxes were their new carseats! And they strapped in (the real car seats) and rode home that way.... Whatever works! And this was all during the 99 degree heat - therein lies the culprit possibly.

When I was a child, we spent hours outdoors climbing our tree house, swinging in the tire swing and playing in our life size DollHouse. Lots of outdoor time - God made me and prepared me for this BoyMama life (even though I'm glamor girl all the way. ya'll know pink is the color of life). I want our boys to experience this delight, sheer fun and exploration. So when I see this look on their faces just by playing with empty boxes, it fills my heart! The Cherubs!

***How do you draw that fine line between reckless abandon and towing the line? I'd love to chat about this because I surely do not like 're-doing' any of my parenting. And let me tell, you we've done that a time of ten. ;)

6 comments:

Kelsey S said...

Oh what a blast!!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

Jackie said...

Boxes are the best thing for the imagination. :) Way better than the toys or things that come in them.

Smelling Coffee said...

That brings back so many memories... the things kids can do with boxes always make me smile.

Your question is a tough one, and probably no mom has a full answer, but for us, I draw the perimeter lines (literally and / or figuratively)for the kids, then let them have freedom within those boundaries. It's makes life more fun for them (because I'm not nagging all the time), and it makes me able to enjoy their fun (because I'm not nagging all the time.) :-)

Debbie said...

The look of joy on their faces is priceless...and that cheeseburger looks yummy. And when you find out the answer to the balance question, let me know. Because I am such a control freak that I feel like I sometimes inhibit my kids from exploring and learning to do new things. Perhaps I need to work on that.

Miss Lisa said...

They look so happy---that is a sign of a good mommy :)
My oldest just turned ten and she still loves doing something with boxes--it never gets old!

Laura said...

haha so great to see pictures of the twins!! <3