Travel Review: Visit Sunset Beach, North Carolina

We love the Beach. And we love to kick off Summer with a family trip to the Beach.  The North Carolina beaches are always calling out our names.  We are blessed to live near these beautiful beaches.  So for my Birthday Weekend - so fun - my husband totally surprised the boys and me with pack your bags we're going to the Beach for Mom's Birthday.  We didn't have any clue.  It was fun. I totally love a great surprise.

My Family at Sunset Beach, NC
You can see our excitement as we took off.  Here we go!   Our boys were so cute.  
                          

                           


As we got closer to the Beach, it was so beautiful.  Wait a minute, the day we drove in the skies were pouring rain.  Remember Andrea? :)  Tropical Storm Andrea.  She tried rained on our parade but we didn't care.   We were beach bound together and we were so thrilled.  Plus, we love weather.  Then she gave up and it started looking really good.  Like this... we arrived at beautiful 

Sunset Beach, North Carolina.  

North Carolina's Southernmost Beach.  And what a beauty. 




Our first official photo of the trip was right on the Pier with the Gazebo.  And blue skies.  We are all making our happy faces.  We're here!



Then we couldn't resist.  We took our first walk on the lovely beaches.  I adore watching our boys run and play in the Ocean.




All three of them.  Here they are surmising the Clouds from Andrea.  So cute.  Time stands still. 


                                                                

Toes in the Sand.  These are the blessings of life.  We are so thankful. 




Our boys and me.  I love to cherish these moments together in our element.  God's creation. 





Sunset Beach is lovely.  And then you see, we're off to Body Surf.  The family that surfs together, stays together.  We had so much fun riding the waves.  One of the boys says he has "surfer's instincts." I have to agree. They all three do.  Me, I learn.  This time I did really well.  It's addicting. 




We returned for our sojourn to Ella's of Callabash.  The seafood was perfect.  My husband and I so prefer the wonderful grilled choices.  We had large portions, no matter.


These are the moments and memories I cherish.  Here you can see our grinning faces after enjoying plenty of fresh seafood and hushpuppies.  Just saying.  I am Southern y'all. 

Check out Sunset Beach, North Carolina.  Enjoy the privacy and the gorgeous beaches. You can see why we love it.  And why I love traveling with my family.  I am one Traveling Mama. 


Warmly,  
Carolina Mama 


No comments: