Fayeson Tilley, Jesus & The Girls



Speechless. This weekend was an amazing time in my life. God called me away and spoke to me in such a way like never before.

I was at a women's retreat with ladies from all over the country and mostly my church. Also, I had the opportunity to hear the awesome speaker, Bible teacher, Fayeson Tilley. She is a spectacular speaker. The ladies I got to fellowship with were so wonderful. This was a refreshing retreat. And it was the longest I have been away from The Tigers in their lives! Anyone out there hear me! :) I missed them! We talked each day. And I did enjoy every second of this time alone with the one I love, my Maker and Creator who had beckoned me away.

"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him ." Ephesianas 1:13

How did this happen? After a heritage in a Christian home and the Bible, I just heard this verse and made it my own. It's life changing. I challenge you, Have you been " included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him?" This is not only a mountain top experience in every fashion, it is more. God spoke and I listened and chose to believe. All I can say is that I am different and I don't ever want to be the same.

Clearly, the big takeaway for me was "Taking God at His Word!" I'm in! Do you know Him?

The mountains were gorgeous. The girlfriends were great. Jesus was even better. If you ever have a chance to hear Fayeson Tilley speak, Go and Be Blessed! She taught the Book of Ephesians. She is no-nonsense and she knows the Word of God thoroughly. And how refreshing, she didn't talk about herself the whole weekend. She sent us to the feet of Jesus.

As much as I love to talk about Starbucks, fashion and all things glam, I loved learning so very much in one weekend. Or just hearing someone bold enough to speak it. She really knew the Word and had a great way about her that captured everyone's attention no matter what she said.

As with most get-aways, I am catching up. Laundry, time with my guys - all three! Hello, Mountain Man went grocery shopping with the Tigers while I was gone. Talk about blessed and one brave man! :)

Tell me about your latest Retreat experience.

7 comments:

Rae said...

What a wonderful experience and time to be rejuvenated!! I leave in 10 days for a women's Time Out! :) It's snuck up on me and I have yet to book my room. I'd best get hoppin'!! You've made me even more excited to go!

MaricrisG said...

That passage does speak to me in so many ways than I can fathom. It is a welcoming thought of God being in control...When I was weak then He was strong...It is such a blessing seeing that picture. Thank you!- cheers from another Carolinian mama!

Shannon said...

What a great time!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! I'm so thankful that you were able to get away and rest! God is good isn't He?!!!

Smelling Coffee said...

So glad that you were blessed and experienced life-change! I love it when God does that!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm so happy you had this weekend! I haven't been away on retreat for a few years, but it came at the best time -- when I was struggling mightily as a new momma. Thanks for sharing those verses.

Nancy M. said...

Sounds like an awesome time! Glad you came away so refreshed and excited!