Family Shag Lessons to the "Legends of the Beach!"








Ya'll are going to love this! We celebrated the most awesome Labor Day with a "Pops in the Park!" This immediately made me think of My Mama, the Original Carolina Mama! She played in the Pops for years up until recently. So of course, I loved it! And the Tigers loved it. Mountain Man is a real classical music buff. Yes, I am lucky!

Thanks to the "Legends of the Beach!" we got to enjoy classic Carolina Beach music! This brought back the ole' college memories of my Carolina days!

It was the most enjoyable evening altogether. The weather was absolute perfect. The Symphony was unbelievable! And to top off an awesome evening, we took a five minute Shag Lesson! You read right. Shag lessons by by Mike and Karen Anderson . It was fun. The music was familiar but nothing else. Has it been that long?!

And a photo of the Tigers trying out their new, light-up backpacks for their first day of school which was today! I think the backpacks were their highlight other than the most amazing fireworks display this side of the Mississippi!

The evening concluded with a really spectacular fireworks! What a show! Hope your Labor Day was a happy one!

7 comments:

pam said...

I am oh so jealous. Beach music is my favorite. We don't have it down here in Atlanta. People here think that the Beach Boys are Beach Music. It is so very sad!!!

Smelling Coffee said...

That looks like so much fun!

I've been praying for you as you start school this week. :-)

Kelsey S said...

Oh that looks like a blast!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

a Tonggu Momma said...

This brings back memories of my college days. Sniff.

I'm glad y'all had fun.

Nancy M. said...

Sounds like fun! I love Beach music! I always wanted to learn to shag.

Debbie said...

Those fireworks are breathtaking. That is a great picture...Now where in the world did you find Light up back packs????

Carolina Mama said...

The backpacks are Lands' End! Hurry - they're on clearance! ;)