"Slave" - The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ by John MacArthur

Starting the year off with the "Life Changer" book, "Slave - the Hidden Truth about your Identity in Christ!" by John MacArthur  This book is so well written and the truths are life changers. I'll quote the book through out.

"We have been bought with a price.  We belong to Christ. We are His own possession."


<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4t3rJijxmKk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen>iframe>

Learning what a privilege it is to be Slaves to Christ rather than Slaves to sin.  whew.  That's freeing!  The world looks down on the notion of living our lives for another.


"That God, and His grace, would free us from sin and make us His slaves is a wondrous truth to comprehend.  What a privilege for is to know and obey the Heavenly Master!"


In our world, we are taught to build ourselves up above others.  In Slaves, we can focus on giving back and serving Christ the one who set us free. I am no longer bound to this way of thinking.  I don't answer to the world.  As a Believer, I want to be an example and live above reproach.  However, my Master is my Lord.

"We are all, now, the slaves of Christ, called to obey Him and to follow in His example of love and self-sacrifice.  Consequently, we can serve one another in humility and gladness, no matter our ethnic, or socioeconomic differences, knowing that we are all accountable to the same Heavenly Master!"

I loved the Chapter "The Riches of the Paradox" where MacArthur discusses the Bible's paradoxical truths. "Salvation is free and costly. To be truly rich, one must be poor in spirit.  Scripture teaches that those who mourn will be comforted; those who give will receive... God uses evil for good.  He is three yet one.  Slavery has been gloriously transformed, in Christ, to signify honor, liberty, and eternal bliss!"


Are you hungry to read Slaves?  And to learn more about this life of belonging to Christ?  I highly recommend it.  The author says it best.  Check it out and God bless your journey in Christ.



5 Stars in my Book: "Slave" - The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ by John MacArthur


Warmly, Carolina Mama

*This book was reviewed as part of my participation in the Thomas Nelson Publishing book review program. I was provided the book, the opinion is expressly my own!  I am slave to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and want to share His good news.

No comments: