Thanksgiving Easy Mashed Potatoes


Pillsbury sent me this awesome magazine of their Holiday Recipes! And I'm just saying, I got to help chose the Magazine Cover! Isn't that cool! And yes, the one I voted for won!

Regardless, I have enjoyed perusing through it during my bubble bath time - fine menu planning I tell you! I was so excited to see this super easy Mashed Potatoes recipe for Thanksgiving. The only change is that the recipe magazine was for this version just in the Crock Pot! Good just got Better!

Because if I can do anything in the Crock Pot on Thanksgiving, you bet! So here's the recipe. I'll be using Land O Lake Canola Butter! So healthy and tasty. And I'll go for fat-free milk! So these are really guilt free! Of course, one portion at a time. Since this makes ten servings, they are only a couple points per serving. Nice!

Pillsbury Perfect Mashed Potatoes - Servings 10
Easy to Make


INGREDIENTS
8 to 10 medium russet potatoes (about 3 lb.), peeled, cut into quarters
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, if desired
Dash pepper
1/4 cup hot milk
DIRECTIONS
1. Place potatoes in large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Add 3/4 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover loosely and boil gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes break apart easily when pierced with fork. Drain well.
2. Return potatoes to saucepan; shake saucepan gently over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes to evaporate any excess moisture.
3. Mash potatoes with potato masher until no lumps remain. Add margarine, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; continue mashing, gradually adding enough milk to make potatoes smooth and creamy.

Let's start the Thanksgiving Menu conversation! What will you serve? Are you looking for recipes and short cuts like this one?


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

No comments: