Sunday Scripture - Have a Blessed Day!

Hope you all are enjoying a great Sunday. This weekend I wanted to share the blog of an amazing Author, Mom, Teacher and more, I Take Joy by Sally Clarkson..

Please check out Sally's article here: "There Are Giants In the Land..." This applies to so many areas of our lives as Christians. Check out her website and the many books she has written on encouraging the hearts of Mothers.

Just so you know, their daughter, Sarah Clarkson @ Itinerant Idealist is very talented and intelligent and has her first book coming out this Spring.

This weekend I was blessed to attend the Whole Heart Retreat that they lead and it was amazing. My girlfriend and I giggled about the two points that we so furiously wrote down: Be excellent, be the excellence in your home and Change the World. It was easy to write down yet, we wondered if it could be so easy to do just that what a wonderful world. That is the power of the cross to trust Jesus to do what He wants accomplished through us.

I did laugh when my girlfriend looked at me right after we wrote down, "Be the excellence in your home!" And she said, "Scary." :) True, If it's just me, then yes, scary and yet with Jesus, not scary at all.

So as Sally quoted in her article about Facing the Giants, it applies to our mothering with excellence:

"Now, faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.,..., Without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for He who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11: 1, 6

God Bless.

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

MaricrisG said...

I'm constantly praying for excellence myself not just with mothering but with life itself. Life is one tough curriculum to study!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh - I would have LOVED to have gone to hear Sally. I have SO many of their resources. What fun.
ANd - I have not forgotten the Carolina Girl thing. I am way overcommitted through this week - already doing a guest blog, leading worship for a retreat and housing 15 8th graders (while I'm gone - they were in a pinch), so I have to get all the meals ready before I leave. AHH....no balance this week, but I am all over it as soon as I get back next week. :)