Carolina Girls - The Interview VII


Welcome Back to Carolina Girls - The Interview VII. Introducing... Karen! @ A Creek In The Back. Karen also has a photography business and website, Karen Bryant Photography. Now you have double the reason to see what she is all about - Meet Karen!

Where are you from (can be as general as you wish)?
I'm from Guilford County.

What is the name of your blog?
I have two blogs, A Creek in the Back (photography blog) and Teaching and Learning Spanish which is well, self-explanatory.

How did you name your blog?

We have a creek in the back of our house which the boys and I are always exploring. Also, that is where I like to take my photos along with other gorgeous spots here in the southern Appalachian mountains. The second blog's name isn't very imaginative, but you know what it's all about just by reading the name. :)

How did you get into blogging?
I started the Spanish one initially as an online journal of the trials and tribulations of teaching my own children Spanish at home. It kind of snowballed from there though. It's become fairly popular. With the photography blog, I wanted to share my photographs with my readers and also I use it as a way to promote my photography business.

What do you wish to convey on your blog?

A Creek in the Back - To be honest, I just want to remind folks of the beauty that surrounds us. Readers have told me that they feel a sense of peace when they look at my photos. I like that.

Teaching & Learning Spanish - I love sharing Spanish learning resources that I find online with my readers. I really enjoy helping people help themselves learn the language.

What is your favorite thing about your blog?
A Creek in the Back - the readers' comments.
Teaching & Learning Spanish - It's like my online filing system for my favorite sources, websites and blogs, but the best part is that I get to share it with my readers.

What is your favorite Ben N Jerry's Flavor?

It would have to be chocolate chip cookie dough, hands down.

What is your favorite song/iTune right now?

My most favorite is Kepa Junkera's Santimamiñeko Fandangoa & Ioaeoe because it is such a happy song. I dare you not to smile when you listen to this song.

Starbucks or McDonald's?
Afraid I don't drink coffee or go to McDonald's.

Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts (there is one answer here for Carolina Girls! Just kidding!) ? ;)

Krispy Kreme of course. (Chocolate covered, creme-filled doughnut with milk)

A favorite Carolina food or restaurant?

Growing up my family and I would eat at a restaurant called The Old Place near Siler City. Good Southern cooking... I don't recall ever leaving the place hungry. Oh, they have a website! http://www.old-place.com/

Okay, now I'm getting hungry...

What is a favorite place in Carolina?

It's so difficult to pick just one place... I guess I would have to pick the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site. It's really a national treasure with beautiful hiking trails, mountain views, the goat dairy and of course, the house.

Would you like to send a picture to include of you or something relating to your blog?

A photo I recently took of the trout lily - beautiful native plant that's in bloom right now.

Thank you so much Karen. It has truly been delightful so far getting to know all of these amazing Carolina Girls and their blogs! Please email me if you would like to be interviewed and/or to add you to the Carolina Girls Rollcall. :)

Thanks and have an awesome day!

P.S. Continue the March Madness thrills as the UNC Tar Heels march to the NCAA Title 2009! (Can't help myself!)

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mel said...

awesome interview!!!

Jennifer Taylor said...

I'm from Guilford County too!