Carolina Girls - the Interview V

Good Morning and Welcome to Carolina Girls - the Interview V! Introducing....

Jennifer's Writing Blog

This week we are featuring another Carolina native. And I have to say I have a special place in my heart for Greensboro natives since my mother and maternal grandparents/family hail from Greensboro! Another special thing about Jennifer, is that she is a writer with book contract - she's writing it right now. Check out her interesting blogs and her interview here...

Where are you from (can be as general as you wish)?

I was born and raised in Greensboro, NC, but now I currently live in the Charlotte-Kannapolis region of NC.

What is the name of your blog?

My main blog is Jennifer's Writing Blog .
My other blogs are:
Carolina Scots-Irish and
Today in Carolina history.

How did you name your blog?
I just brainstormed on some ideas and ran a search to see if those names were available and they were.
How did you get into blogging?

I'm a writer who has been trying to get my fiction published for 10+ years. All the writing workshops suggested I needed to have a website and blog to promote my work. When I signed a contract with my literary agent, I really needed a platform to start building readership and blogging helps me with that. On my October 30th birthday, I just signed a contract with Abingdon Press. My debut novel, Highland Blessings, will be released May 2010!

What do you wish to convey on your blog?

On my writing blog I post writing tips and historical research information to help other writers and fiction book reviews for readers looking for a good book to read. On my Carolina history blog, I post events that have occurred on this day in the Carolinas. I've created this cool little widget that other bloggers can post on their blog, http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/today-in-carolina-history. My Carolina Scots-Irish Blog is a resource about Scots-Irish and Welsh events, books, music, movies, clothing, clans, genealogy, history, and anything Celtic related to the Carolinas, but not limited to the Carolinas.

What is your favorite thing about your blog?

Being able to connect with other people who have the same interests as I do and learning about them and their interests from their feedback. I have a child with special needs and I've been able to connect with a lot of other mothers like me.

What is your favorite Ben N Jerry's Flavor?

I like old-fashioned Butter Pecan.

What is your favorite song/iTune right now?

I don't know that I have a favorite song, but I love Casting Crown's latest CD.

Starbucks or Mc Donald's?

Definitely McDonald's, they now have a great cafe too and its more affordable and tastes just as good (at least to me.)
Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts (there is one answer here for Carolina Girls! Just kidding!) Definitely Krispy Kreme. I lived in Winston-Salem for eight years where they have their headquarters.


A favorite Carolina food or restaurant?


If we're talking about restaurants that began or only exist in the Carolina's then I would have to say, Stamey's Barbeque in Greensboro, NC. I hate barbeque, but I love their barbeque chicken and their peach cobbler pie. I grew up eating there. It's where my grandmother always wanted to go back when she was still with us.

What is a favorite place in Carolina? This is a hard one, because I have so many favorite places. Greensboro will always have a soft spot for me. My family has been there on my mom's side since 1763. I love it because we are right between the mountains and the beach. But if I had to choose I'd say the Outer Banks.

Thank you Jennifer it was lovely to meet you and learn about 'your Carolina.' Y'all go ahead and visit her at her blogs above and enjoy!

Please email me at carolinamama1@gmail.com if you would like to be join Carolina Girls and if you're interested in interviewing here.

Not Me! I did not forget that it is Monday and no, I did not just posted my Carolina Girls Tuesday post Monday.... go ahead and join me with your biffs and/or misposts this week @ Not Me!

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Mindy Obenhaus said...

Jenn, there's so much I don't know about you! Sigh.

Karen said...

I hail from the Greensboro area as well! :) I really enjoyed the interview and now I'm going to check out your other blogs.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

yea for another Carolina girl. I'm in Greensboro area now. :)

AngBreidenbach said...

LOL, I love that you mentioned Krispy Kremes! Very fun interview. I just love Jennifer and her heart.
Angie

Missy Tippens said...

Jennifer is a great writer! I hope y'all will have a chance to read her book.

Her blogs are amazing, too. She knows so much about her family history and the area!

Great interview, ladies!

Missy (a Kentucky gal who's lived in Georgia for 24 years and who loves to visit the Carolinas for vacation!) :)

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Great interview!! I'm a Krispy Kreme person too, but love the little cinnamon holes from Dunkin Donuts! They're great!

~Beth

Jennifer Taylor said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I enjoyed hearing from you.

Jessica Nelson said...

Great interview Jennifer! Congrats on your sale. You've been writing for awhile, it sounds like. Kudos to you for persistence!

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hey, we live in Carolina too!!

Keep at it!

If you get the opportunity, please say a prayer for the requests on our main page.

God bless you & your family,

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - feel free to follow our blog or link to us by grabbing one of our free blue buttons (top Sidebar). :)