New Year Brings Firsts and Lasts





The Tigers are turning, gasp, eight years old next month and it's almost more than Carolina Mama can take in. So as we have embraced 2009 and its new beginnings, I am a be nostalgic at the lasts that I have experienced in the year past.

Here you see the Tigers each with one of their favorite Sesame Street characters. They have really grown. I know when children are infants and in the toddler years, they grow more than any other time. Yet, this year, we have seen a lot of growth and maturity that leads to 'lasts.'

Here this could quite possibly a last Sesame Street Show where they are wide-eyed with wonder. And then lastly, you can see what has been the 'last' twins bathtime together. These fellows are going to be tall like their Grandfather who was 6'5". So I look at these pictures with pause at times gone by, and I attempt to stand still with time for a moment.

What's your Sincerely 'Fro Me To You? Join in the fun.


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

18 comments:

Upstatemamma said...

Watching your little ones do things for the last time is always b

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I watch my grandkids change before my eyes! One just turned 8 years old and it amazes me to see the changes in him. The biggest though is our 3.5 year old...I kept him the other day and was amazed in how much he has changed (since they had stayed with us a few months ago)...walks around with his hand in his pocket like a big guy would do...kind of made me want to cry because in my eyes he is still little toddler!

Kristen said...

It can be hard to watch time go by so fast but it is also fun to think WHAT'S NEXT!

Colored With Memories said...

its sad to see some of those magic moments go, isn't it!?!

thankfully, in my experience at least, each new age and stage brings new joys...and usually new pains too! :)

Sarah said...

Those are great memories you have captured. I love the one in the bath tub!
They do grow up so fast and I'm so looking forward to watching mine do the same!

Heather said...

I know that day is fast approaching with my baby. I am not looking forward to it.

Pam B said...

Aw, such cute pics! I remember those Sesame Street days...

Amy said...

Greetings from another (Western NC) Carolina Mama :)

I'm taking my 2 year old this Sunday evening to see his 2nd Sesame Street show. They truely do grow way too fast and I'm trying to savor these tiny tender moments!

Kristen said...

Those 'lasts' really pull the heart strings, don't they?

Jerralea said...

It's bittersweet to look at old photos, but you just have to believe that the future holds just as many if not more good memories!

Love the bathtime photo. Makes me think of when my two youngest last took a bath together.

Valarie Lea said...

They do grow up quick...

Shell in your Pocket said...

They do grow fast...it's sad but we need to rejoice in the moment. I was at school today and my son was across the gym. I saw him waving...but I thought that's not my son...he is too big! Its was :(!
-sandy toe

Lynette said...

When my daughter was home it was so sweet and sad to see her right on the edge of being a grown up!! I kept looking at her and wondering where did this young woman come from - she will be 19 in March!! Enjoy those sweet boys while you can - they grow up so quickly!!

Muthering Heights said...

My goodness, they are getting quite tall!

Ginger said...

Hi,
I'm visiting your blog from Beth's blog..."Just Me". Love your blog. They do grow up so fast! Embrace every moment. :)

Tammy said...

I am just glad to know that kids are still watching Sesame Street. My kids never would watch it.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

How adorable are those photos?! I know, though...I just pulled out all the newborn clothes for the next baby, and it made me sad to see how much Nina had grown in two short years!
Carrie

UtahJenny said...

that really is too sweet - I love Bert and Ernie also - they grow too fast!