North Carolina's Andy Griffin Welcomes Governor Elect Bev Perdue



It is a great day in North Carolina. North Carolina native, Andy Griffin, North Carolina's favorite son, welcomes Governor Elect Bev Perdue our first female Governor in the history of North Carolina.

Carolina Girls, Carolina Mamas, I am smiling like a Queen out of excitement and pride for North Carolina, my mother's native homeland. In fact, it was fun to see my mother's cousin, the great Former Governor Jim Hunt at the festivities. Former Governor Jim Hunt was an amazing Governor serving for four terms and the longest serving Governor of North Carolina.

Governor Bev Perdue gave a great speech. As she said we have a challenge, we can and will do it. Education and a vision for a great future here is the focus. What a special day!

A highlight was hearing one of my favorite verses, quoted in the Benediction "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 as the prayer service took place at First Baptist Church, downtown Raleigh.

For you local Carolina Girls, here is the rest of the schedule for today:

12:30 P.M. Inaugural parade begins. Governor's viewing stand is on the south side of the Capitol.
2:30 TO 5:30 P.M. N.C. Executive Mansion Open House, 200 N. Blount St.

Let me know if you attended any of the festivities. And to all the other readers. Have a great weekend and tell me what's up in your State?

That's it from Carolina today on this 'Carolina Blue' Saturday morning.

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Pam B said...

Don't hit me, but I have to admit I was pulling for the other guy! (ducking now)

Gov. Perdue has my best wishes however!

Nancy M. said...

Jim Hunt was a great governor. I just saw the parade on TV and was wondering what it was for, now I know.

Lynette said...

We're still in the talking stages but plan to meet soon.
Sure I'd be up for a "Carolina Girls" party in the future!

Beth in NC said...

Ha, I'm with Pam at Antique or Not, but I do pray God will use our new governor for His glory!

Thanks for sharing!
Beth

Kristen said...

I too am proud that we have a female as governor. I look forward to seeing what she is able to do. It will not be easy.
Unfortunately I was not able to attend any of this history making event.
You have a great blog going here.

Kristen said...

Wow I have not done a full marathon YET!
I was thinking about doing the Marine in DC this Oct. I'll decide after I run my second half marathon this March. My plan is to run at least a half marathon in each state.
Are you going to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge? We carry our doughnuts home and eat them. Not that I would have a problem eatting a dozen but there is no way I could run back!

Anonymous said...

goodluck.
Make internet money

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That is WAY cool...

duchess said...

I'm from NC (until 5 mths ago) & my parents are still in Nashville so I feel like I can say...I'm just glad Easley's gone.
I hope she can do a better job than he did.
You just gotta love that Andy Griffith.

Jennifer said...

We love the Andy GRIFFITH show at our house. :)

Shelly Wildman said...

I wasn't going to comment until I read "what's up in your state?" Well, I live in Illinois . . . 'nuff said?? :)