Talking With Aida Mollenkamp - Healthy Snacks


Last Thursday, I got the opportunity to chat with Aida Mollenkamp of the FoodNetwork! What a a grand time. I really enjoyed her candid and informative visit about all things healthy. We specifically were discussing the amazing new Yoplait Delights Parfaits! These are just that amazing.

Yes, Yoplait sent my family a big box of all of the flavors of parfaits to try. And we adored them! They are light, refreshing, and low calorie too. So it is a perfect snack or dessert.

Aida and I talked about our own mothers and their influence upon us through their cooking. My mother used to make her own - yes homemade for a family of seven! - Go Mom! Parfaits! We loved these. She would layer, fruit, yogurt, jello. It was too fun. So I already had a great feeling about parfaits.

Yoplait Delights Parfaits delivered! Aida liked the Chocolate Raspberry best. And I found the Lemon Tort to be my favorite. Of course, they all were "delightful!"

Click this photo for your link to a $1.25 OFF Coupon on Yoplait Delights Parfaits!

$1.25 Off Yoplait Delights Parfaits

Aida and I discussed some of her "go to" snacks for healthy eating. I loved this idea. She "jazzed up" the Smore with a Grilled Banana. What a great way to get another fruit in and enjoy an old time classic.

One Twitter reader and friend asked about the issue of school lunches and allergies. What to do when a classmate has a peanut allergy. We all know those can be quite serious and yet PB is a good quick child-friendly protein. Aida suggested Almond and Cashew Butters for a quick and healthy protein.

Personally, I love Aida's twist on an old Southern favorite -

the Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich.

She simply substitutes the bacon with a ripe and ready California Avocado! Doesn't that sound delish!

We also talked about what to do with a picky eater? Her answer: "It's all in the attitude. Have an open creative path to the food and share it with your child. Introduce them to different things and see what they like!"

Lastly, Aida suggests stop over-analyzing the diet! And enjoy healthy foods especially some of her favorite "no recipe recipe"
snacks like:

hard cheeses
fresh fruit
crackers
crunchy whole wheat crackers
banana and honey
grain bread, tomato, and cottage cheese

Also, check out Aida Mollenkamp as Food Editor on Chow.com. And on her new show Ask Aida that premiered on August 2nd.

There you have it a whole lot of Tips from Aida on healthy living and eating! Go to "Works For Me Wednesday!" for more great tips.

What are your favorite tips for favorite healthy snacks? Let's dish! :)


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

CandCFamily said...

My fave yummy and healthy snackis a cold banana and peanut butter, almost tastes like a dessert!

Coupon wouldn't print though.

Tara said...

That is so neat that you got to chat with her. I've heard her name on Food Network but I've never watched her show. Maybe I'll check her out sometime.