A Marriage Conference

This past weekend was very exciting...



This past weekend, not only did I celebrate another great year/birthday, Mountain Man and I got to attend an awesome Marriage Conference by Tim and Joy Downs of Family Life. The Downs has authored a whole host of books including the ones above that look great. They also gave these as door prizes at the Conference.

We had sessions together and then the men and the women separated for our own sessions. We had some big laughs and some somber moments listening to this amazing couple share about building a strong Christian marriage and family. We were also blessed to spend the weekend with out dynamite couples from our church and community.

They take work. Yes, I just said that - work. Good ole fashioned work just like our bodies need a workout, our gardens need tending, and our favorite recipe needs stirring.

After ten and a half years of marriage, we loved spending this weekend focusing on each other. Then the culmination was ideal as we all got together Saturday afternoon to celebrate Carolina Mama's birthday together.

'Tis true indeed - life is good and God is great. And I am very thankful.

Have you been to a Marriage Conference lately? Tell me about it. What type? Topic? etc. Have a blessed Sunday!

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Sounds like a great time! My hubby and I have been to several at the Ridgecrest Conference Center. They were wonderful. At the end of the retreat, they do a candle ceremony where you recommit your vows. Very moving.

Did you know we are doing a 30 day pray for our husband challenge on blogger/facebook? We are on day 7 (one chapter a day of Stormie Omartian's book The Power of a Praying Wife). Check out my posts entitled SHMILY (See How Much I Love You).

Blessings!
Beth

Nancy M. said...

What a great way to spend your weekend! I am glad y'all were able to attend. It's definitely something we all need to work on.