Oh Baby! One Mother's Journey



Three years ago, we were expecting our third child. According to the Tigers, we were expecting our third and fourth children. You see, with Twin families, you start to think in twos. We were delighted. Okay, we were over the moon with happiness. We were all so ready. What harmony! God's plan, our plan and hopes were one and the same. God had answered our prayers. God is good.


My Starbucks Barista had just called my "Decaf Skinny Hazelnut Latte" when my cell phone rang. It was my OB/GYN's nurse calling to calling to confirm our expectancy ;) and say my numbers looked great. All was well. I revelled in that moment. There I was in the huge atrium of Tysons Corner II sipping a latte when I just found out our family had just grown - my world had just changed. I sauntered right into "Mimi Maternity" and purchased this "Got Baby" tee!

The Twins were busy naming their 'sisters.' And Mountain Man and I were gleefully visualizing our growing family and wondering, in fact, if it would be spontaneous Twins again.

Elated, I love when life is heading my way again - in this case, a growing family, and in reality it was - for a time.   Looking back after three years, I know that yes, God is good even if our plans are different from His.   I'm reminded, God is good, even if I do not "get my way or my plans."  And He loves and adores me, my family through every step.  Breath.

***I think need to take a break right here. It's still not easy and I'm not exactly sure why it is so difficult to press 'publish' and yet I have a story to tell. Bare with me as I slowly walk back a few years.

Even three years later, it's tough to continue. Maybe I want to just keep this moment in my mind frozen forever. Or it's possibilities. However, my girlfriend and I were talking about Do Hard Things. Well, this is a hard thing to write about still. So that is precisely where I need to be writing about it. We will continue - thanks for your patience.

Warmly,

8 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

Thanks for sharing this deep part of your heart with your blog friends. I'll be praying for you and waiting for the rest of the story. Somewhere in there, I'm just sure of it, you are going to give the Lord great glory through this painful journey He led you and your family through, and we'll all be able to praise Him for Who He has shown Himself to be to your family through your story.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I said a prayer for you and am ready to hear the story when you are ready to share it.

Oh, and I didn't realize until now that we were neighbors (sort of).

May God ease the pain of your heart.

Smelling Coffee said...

PS: Do you read Bring the Rain?

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

Carolina Mama, I know this isn't easy for you, yet you're following your heart as you feel led. Praying for you as you share the rest of your story.

Miss Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing your story--you can share the rest when you are good and ready--funny how remember the little things like a drink order in those important times.

I pray you are having a good day!

Shannon said...

Thank you for sharing your story.
I know what you mean about the kids thinking everything comes in "twos". When I told the buddies a friend was having a baby they said," Two girls...like us". They were disappointed when we said one girl.... not two.

Debbie said...

We will be here waiting with a latte when you are ready to tell your story.

Oh yes. I have been to that atrium at T2!

Colored With Memories said...

wow, i can't wait to hear more of your story...