Marco Polo Works for Me


The Tigers and I are spending lots of time in the swimming pool. They're in their second week of swim lessons and are doing just 'swimmingly.' Really, they are learning back stroke well, and diving. And lots more. I love watching them improve, love it and enjoy.

We stay after lessons for our own little family swim time. This year seems to be the year of Marco Polo for us. Remember the game when you were little? Mommy is Marco and the boys are Polo(s) and I call out Marco and try to find them when they reply Polo. With your eyes closed! (if you are Marco) I have been amazed at how much they love this simple game. Of course, I rarely catch them but I get really close. They go crazy for it. We are clocking hours of swim time.

The bonus for me is exercise and playing with my children! I love swimming. Since the boys are still small, I only swim in the adult lap pool when it is break time and I can see them on the sidelines resting and drinking gatorade or something. Even though there are lifeguards, I want to have my own watch over them and I believe that is what the pool prefers. No matter, the day will come when they will swim hours without mama so I am happy to watch them, hang out in the shallow end and play Marco Polo endlesly. Works for me. For to WFMW for more tips that work.

**The Giveaway for Etsy Carolina Cottage Tiles Coasters is being drawn tonight. Enter now and the next giveaway will be up for this week so come back and enter. Good luck!

2 comments:

Audra Krell said...

I think just like you! All too soon the day will come when they won't want us around or we aren't able to be around. Love your positive attitude!

Edi said...

I have never heard of the game Marco Polo! We grew up in a large kidded neighborhood and there were many neighborhood games - but this is a new one for me. Sounds fun!