Perspective In Noticing The Noticer

The Noticer

"... it is Caleb's father who will lead him with the very example of his own life. Caleb will watch his father closely and duplicate everything his father does. Caleb will become what his father becomes... 'I'm sure your father did the best he knew, but he also expected you to add wisdom and understanding to what he was able to impart.'"
Jones of "The Noticer"

As I read The Noticer I gleaned many insights - mainly remembering to keep my own perspective - I thought of my Daddy the great Noticer. He noticed life, every second. In fact, he lived more and had more of a lasting impact than many and most who live twice his life span.

The Noticer's lead character "Jones" was mysteriously stepping in to make a difference in the lives of those who most needed it. The main thing he gave them was perspective, a perspective that made all the difference.

perspective: the interrelation in which a subject or its parts are mentally viewed ; also : point of view b: the capacity to view things in their true relations or relative importance The Noticer .

Andy Andrews has a compelling way of writing as he weaves this story in a small, Southern beach town about what matters most - people. Over and over, Jones took the time to notice people. In turn, you finish reading with a bit of that mystery and love for people all the more.

Now I have my own list of Noticers. After reading The Noticer, you'll have your own. Who do you notice ? And who are your own Noticers? All it takes is a little perspective.

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Christy said...

I got your comment last week about this week and wanted to let you know that I actually ordered it this morning. Looking forward to a great read!

Ginger said...

This sounds like an amazing book! I will have to add this to my summer reading list.