Our Favorite Dinner and Tony Chachere's


After the amazing long weekend we had at River House Inn and their French cuisine, its been something else for Carolina Mama to be back in the Kitchen! I mean I love to cook y'all. Did I say School started again?

And that's the one challenge to Homeschooling to me, not the "chil'ren" - no not at all - it's dualing as Administrator, Favorite Teacher and Chef all at once. You know, nothing Moms aren't usually doing daily - organizing our hat collection/roles! :)

So with that said, I am truly looking forward to "Crock Pot Season!" :) To me, the Crock Pot Meal is like going out to dinner, all of the sudden, "Dinner is served!"

Nonetheless, back in the kitchen, the Tigers loved when I spoiled them with my version of the River House Inn breakfast favorites, eggs, bacon and the prize-winning French Toast! They even thought it four course, when I walked back to the kitchen to get the fruit, and and milk and juice. See they've been eating fine French Cuisine all along.

With a little culinary success, I wanted to share our favorite meal that even Weight Watchers would swoon over it's so tasty and healthy and can you hear me, "Easy!"

Baked Cajun Tilapia
Grilled Corn on the Cob
Pampered Chef (aka steamed) Broccoli

Shout out to my sister here from New Orleans this summer, for cooking up some Tony Chachere's greatness for us while she was here. Back to my roots :) And a word to Pampered Chef since they created the nifty little "Broccoli Steamer!" It amazes and steams the broccoli just perfectly.

It's so easy and so low fat. Mountain Man loved it so much, he recommended I share it here.

Cajun Baked Tilapia


Preheat oven 350.

Ingredients:

(4) Tilapia Fillets
Olive Oil
Corn Meal
Tony Charchere's - New Orleans goodness!
Emeril's Seafood Seasoning

Lightly spray or coat the fillet with olive oil. Sprinkle corn meal over the top. Dash generously (or less according to your taste buds) with the Tony Chachere's and Emeril's. Bake 20 minutes. And enjoy!

This was so simple and so delicious. The Tigers loved the fish. And they are huge Corn and Broccoli fans. So I was the Queen Chef at dinner last night and it took no time. This ranked as 5 Star Better Than Cracker Barrel! ;)

Yes, I was scooting about the kitchen and did not take pictures - Queen Chef, yes. The Pioneer Woman, I am not. :) Go try it and enjoy. Join Jen @ Tasty Tuesday for more recipe goodness.

Enjoy! What are you cooking lately?

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE that seasoning and especially on tilapia. I pan fry mine in a little bit of olive oil and then serve it on a salad with a nice lemon/olive oil vinagrette.
Definitely one of my favorite meals!

Kelli said...

I'm going to get some of that seasoning NOW!! Thanks for the recipe!!! Day 2 of homeschooling and so far, so good. How about you?

Wendy said...

I love me some Tony's. I got all of my college roommates in Georgia hooked on it, too.

SheBakes said...

That sounds like a great recipe! Personally I would use the Tony Chachere's Spice N' Herb on any fish or chicken, but I will have to try this one!

Samantha
Marketing Assistant
Tony Chachere's Creole Foods

Unknown said...

This is a favorite seasoning at our house.I would love to invite you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Please come check it out. Thanks so much for posting.