Seeing the Hand of God in Suffering by Dr. Mark L. Bailey

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, 
and shouts to us in our pains. It is his megaphone to 
rouse a deaf world."  C.S. Lewis

We were blessed to hear Dr. Mark L. Bailey, President of Dallas Theological Seminary, speak at our church this morning.  I was so moved by his sermon that I wanted to share my notes here. 



It seems mankind regularly circles back to the age old question about this world:  If There is a God and He is good, why is there so much Suffering? I was eager to learn. 

Over the past seven years, I have wondered, on-ond-off, why my own dear mother is suffering physically.  As a Christian, I have the head knowledge that God loves us and has a plan.  As a daughter who lost her father all too prematurely and unexpectedly, I learned, over time, lots of time, I have learned to trusted Him enough to not ask Why?  Though I have to resist the temptation. This sermon is going to help me and I wanted to share with you, too. 

"After you have suffering for a little while, the God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory in Christ will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you." 
I Peter 5:10 

How Do You See God's Hand In Suffering?

1) Christians are not exempt from Suffering! 

2)  All suffering is temporary in light of eternity. It's Real. 

3) God gives Grace during temporary times of suffering. 

4) The ultimate effect of God's gracious call is eternal glory.

5) The believer's calling is grounded in Christ. 

6) God is guaranteed ultimate perfection for every believer. 

7) God's strength is sufficient for temporary times of suffering. 

"God's hands are all over our suffering and He is in control of it all."  Dr. Mark Bailey 

These words were so encouraging to me this morning. I hope they will be helpful to whatever suffering you may be walking through right now. 

God Bless! 


Warmly, Carolina Mama

No comments: