Maria Shriver Sharing National Poetry Month

This Month has been National Poetry Month! The English major - Creative Writing - in me does not want to pass up this opportunity to share with you.

Maria Shriver has a huge passion for poetry and it really shows in this video I am sharing here. She challenged us - her Twitter followers - to read your favorite poem. As life and this month of April would have it - the post got set in my edit posts and I had it written out for you. However, given it is the final hour of "Poetry Month!" I am not lead to hop out of my warm cozy bed to YouTube my favorite poem. :)

So without much ado, I'll share Maria Shriver reading hers and you will find the favorite poem my father shared with my in junior high that I memorized for a project. Still with me today - just as he is!



And ironically, it's Arbor Day and I am sharing my "Trees!" poem. Things really do work out for good all the time! Enjoy!


Trees
by Joyce Kilmer

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.


Will you join me in planting a tree with Hanes! ? What is your favorite poem? Will you share it with Maria Shriver and me? Please comment below to join the fun.

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

No comments: