Easter Bonnet Fashion 2010

Back in the day.... my sweet Carolina Mama dressed her four girls in Easter Bonnets and Gloves, her son in suits, and ties and vests. Yes! Imagine, if that's the children, think how dashing my parents were. Camelot! So was it any surprised at my Wedding- who wore elbow length gloves?! Going away hat to match my going-away suit just like my dear mother.

Anyone else remember this tradition?

Understandably and unfortunately I have lost lots of you. You were not privy to the awesome styles and traditions. Now you'll understand why I miss the Easter Bonnets, gloves and those classic Southern traditions. And I was privileged to learn them in high-fashion style. You can see where I get my love of accessories. Never mind that it was a brisk end-of-winter night when I took this stroll down memory lane - or my favorite giraffe scarf that wouldn't be coupled with these Easter chic frocks- it's another timeless beauty. Now for the Easter bonnets take a look.

This one is a real classic beauty. I mean there is nothing like black and white.



... unless it's a little black and red!



The young girl got into the styles with me. Look how well she wears it! Heather and white.



Traditional Spring Green... !



What makes Easter and Spring Fashion for you?!

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! Yes, I remember those days! My sister and I had matching dresses, hats and the lacey panty hose with patent leather shoes! Kinda glad I have a boy now because I would go crazy spending money on clothes and accessories for a girl!

Love Being A Nonny said...

We always wore a corsage and gloves patent shoes, lace tights and carried a purse! Happy Easter!

Carolina Mama said...

Thanks y'all - totally had the paten leather shoes! Still love those. :)

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Oh you are too cute! I so miss the Easter bonnets. My mom always put me in them as a little girl.

I am totally loving the spring scarves out right now :)