Keys for Kids

Recently, a friend introduced me to CBH Ministries! Here is a sample of their "Keys for Kids" Devotionals. We love this and it is so simple yet has an impact.

Have a blessed Sunday and check out this awesome resource for you and your children. This is today's Key for Kids from CBH!


CBH Ministries (formerly Children's Bible Hour)

Keys for Kids Daily Devotional for November 8, 2009

TITLE: What's Your Secret?

SCRIPTURE: Mark 8:34-38

THE STORY FOR TODAY:

"Wouldn't it be exciting to live like the early Christians did-meeting secretly in homes and caves?" asked Nathan as he and Kirsten walked home from their neighborhood Bible club.

"It'd be more dangerous than exciting," said Kirsten. "Back then, Christians were often thrown in jail or put to death because of their faith. They had to meet in secret to stay alive." She tucked her Bible under a corner of her jacket and waved to a girl on the other side of the street. "Hi, Brooke," Kirsten called.

"Hi," responded Brooke. "I just got out of my gymnastics class. What have you been doing?"

"Oh, just hanging out," said Kirsten with a smile. "See you in school tomorrow." Kirsten turned back to her brother. "I'm glad we don't have to meet in caves and be secret Christians now days," she said.

"It looks to me like you are one," Nathan observed.

Kirsten frowned. "What on earth are you talking about?" she asked.

"You didn't tell Brooke you were coming from Bible club," replied Nathan. "Why not?"

"Are you kidding?" asked Kirsten. "Brooke is the most popular girl in my class. I want her to like me. She'd think I was crazy to go to a Bible club."

"So that's why you hid your Bible under your jacket?" asked Nathan.

"Like I told you-I want her to like me. I don't want her to tell everybody that I go to a Bible club. All the kids would make fun of me!"

Nathan shook his head. "I still think you act like a secret Christian," he insisted. "I think you're ashamed of being one at all."

Kirsten's face turned red. "I . . . I . . ." She couldn't think of anything to say.

Nathan sighed. "I know it's hard to be a witness," he said, "but if the early Christians were willing to die for Jesus, I guess the least we can do is put up with a little teasing."

Kirsten was silent for a while. Then she nodded. "You're right," she admitted, "but what can I do about it now?" A minute later, she smiled. "I know what to do!" she exclaimed. "I'll invite Brooke to co me with me to Sunday school this weekend.")

MEMORY VERSE:

I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. Romans 1:16
HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you a secret Christian? Are you embarrassed to let your classmates know you go to church and Sunday school? Or that you don't do certain things-like swear, cheat, or disobey-because those things displease God? It's not always easy to let other kids-or adults-know that you love Him. But you should never be ashamed of Jesus or your faith in Him. Make your motto the same as the Apostle Paul's and say, "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ."

THE KEY: Don't be a secret Christian


-------------------------------------------------------
Keys for Kids Podcast & RSS Feed Now Available! Click here to subscribe!
-------------------------------------------------------


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Kelli said...

This is so appropriate!! We have been discussing this very topic! Thanks for sharing!