Me and My Pre- Sarah Palin Glasses


Here we are on the way to Colorado last summer. There are a couple of things I want to say about my lovely glasses. One is they are pre-Sarah Palin. Yes, I just liked them. And my Ralph Lauren's square frames I purchased in 1999 are still a hit!

It was funny - how I stepped out and bought what I liked even though no one was wearing the square glasses then. I loved them from the start and everyone else too. Right. Since we all do love the style, when it was time for Carolina Mama to update - yes, you read it right eight years later - I went with these frameless glasses.

No one was wearing them. Pre-Sarah Palin. I loved them, etc. All was right with my glasses wearing self, until a month ago, we were at the beach, the Atlantic Ocean, early one morning. I was reading seaside and all three of 'my men' were boogy boarding. Mountain Man said 'several times' shouldn't you put in your contacts. I assured him I was reading.

Then there was the dip in the ocean, and Mountain Man mentioned taking off the glasses AND designer clips. I know. Craziness. It is like he predicted. So as I was coming in from my little dip/cool off, a wave seriously knocked me down, and shewmmmmmm the entire glasses ensemble were gone.

Gone like the Titanic gone. Talk about 20/20 - oh wait, not 20/20 as in vision but hindsight. So I really paid by walking around in the 'old' Ralph Lauren's I should have had on anyway....

Then the rest of the story is that the lovely highfalutin eye doctor that had the replicas of my lovely Pre-Sarah Palin glasses, they seem to have a problem filling my prescription.

The first time the glasses came back, I was so happy to get the call. Then I realized my reflective coating which is key - was omitted. Okay, I was patient. Then they called again, well, the reflective coating was added but they omitted the high index which is major key!

So the rest of the story is I am still waiting - the third call came this afternoon. So tomorrow I am excited but I also am leery - have they produced the glasses with the items I so need. Ya'll I am really worried that they still will not get it right and did I tell you I paid the full-price 'long ago' when I picked them up the first time. I just want my glasses back, my pre-Sarah Palin glasses, the ones in the bottom of the ocean.

Like the lovely Pre- Sarah Palin glasses above! Can I get a prayer they get it right ya'll!

Want to play "Fro Me to You" and tell your story - because you know 'misery' loves company. [Misery that is until I do receive my lovely Me glasses!]

Warmly,

8 comments:

Kristen said...

You are a trendsetter!

I love them. May have to get a pair.

Smelling Coffee said...

Lord, please send Carolina Mama her glasses - and let them be right this time... and I know that she'll give you great glory for them... and we'll all know that she had them first. :-)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, I feel your pain... I seriously do!!!! And you actually might be the push I needed to go get some new glasses. Mine are old, old, old and falling apart. The husband calls them an embarrassment.

HDMac said...

Third time is a charm, right? Hope they worked out! Now that Sara has made them famous, they probably cost twice as much as the first time you got them! lol

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

"PSP" or not, those classes look GREAT on you! Here's hopin' the third time's the charm!

Nancy M. said...

I hope they got your glasses right this time. You have been beyond patient. You do look cute in them!

Shell in your Pocket said...

You look cute...I love the look of them!

Fun blog!
-Sandy Toes

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Hilarious that you are calling them pre-Sarah Palin. I love it! :) As for my shoes, they are quite comfortable too! You should check out Kohl's and see if they have any left in the summer clearance!
Carrie