Media Moms

We're Media Moms!

Media Moms & Family
Pictured here, One Mom's World and Carolina Mama Families at Disney Social Media Moms!


Words, words, words! I love them! I've written all of my life which lead to my college major focus on Creative Writing. As a writer, blogging was a natural outlet for me from the very beginning - circa Summer 2006.

The only thing that wasn't a natural for me was the publicity of it all. I've always written and I have always been social so you would think doing so publicly would be a natural portal. It is one to be reckoned with indeed. My love of the written word, and my passion for moms and particularly moms at home, in the trenches of raising children, kept me writing and reaching out.

Now that "publicity" is hailed as Social Media! And our time has come. It's an exciting thing. However, I have to laugh and it makes me blush when people sort of bow and ask me how they to can write a blog or connect online, when they used to consider us stogy artist types. In the early days, there was comfort in the autonomy of it all.

Like most things in life - things change and so I keep it in perspective when folks now seem to listen up. Maybe they just heard the "Disney" in my "Disney Social Media Moms Celebration Conference." That's okay. They're hearing and so are corporations - hearing us loud and clear.

Especially when the New York Times notices:

"And reaching mothers online and through the social media means “reaching them in ways that are way more engaging than direct advertising,” Ms. Henson says.

That is where the mommy bloggers come in, she adds, because they are “credible as authentic voices” and also “have followers who will be talking and Tweeting” about Land O’Moms.
Read More Here.

These were the moms at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. It was a real treat to meet Audrey McClelland, another boy mom, at the conference and get to catch up. We talked all things boy-mom, blogging, Fashion, and Disney!

And Jennifer James, North Carolina's own, of MomBloggersClub is a Brand Ambassador as well. She helped host the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration.

Yes, I am happy to help, out-loud even. So much so that my pro bona workshop to help my friends and acquaintances with businesses that need that combination of writing and connecting 'publicly' - it's filling up! I see that as a good thing.

So let me know do you need social media help? Are you another Mom? A Corporation? What mystifies you about this whole mommy-blogging social media thing? Taking questions! And workshop numbers while they last.

Even the Tigers are listening and hearing - while at Disney for Valentine's Day - it was so adorable to receive the Valentine 2010 that read, "Mommy, ... And Thanks for being a Media Mom!" :)


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I do have a quick question. How does one get their foot in the door with a publishing house?

Real Life Sarah said...

I love this post, Malise! With this Disney Trip, my kids really began to understand my job and they got to participate in it. I am so proud to be a Media Mom, too, and proud to be on the journey with you!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I heart this picture in this post! I love our families being together and so love that we get to work together. Love you :)

Unknown said...

I'm doing some blog visiting of my own today. Since returning to work full time there's not much time. I'm glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods.