Why I Didn't Fit Into the Ralph Lauren Jeans Tonight

Like my new dress? :)



The real reason I didn't fit into the Ralph Lauren Jeans tonight...



... no sane girl would want to look like this!

Seriously, doesn't that picture give you the cold chills! Even with all of my Weight Watchers Girlsuccess, the jeans I encountered tonight were just this small (pictured above). And just that frightening.

Ralph Lauren surprised us all with this outrageous 'model' picture. And the worst is that they altered a gorgeous "Model" to get their result. RL Results stink! Kudos to Filippa Hamilton for sounding the alarm, this is not okay! No, RL, it is not okay to fire a 5'10" woman who weighs 120 lbs for being too heavy. That message is not one we're going to take.

Why would RL or anyone else want to send the message that this is a girls role model. Thoughts? Feelings? Weight? :)

Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I agree, that picture is ridiculous. No wander young girls are having such problems with eating disorders. Did you see the pic in Glamour of the normal model with a small belly roll? They got LOADS of positive feedback from that one shot, and have said they are going to run more shots of a normal body type. So encouraging, because after three c-sections and carrying twins that weighed 7 and 6 pounds, my tummy is NEVER coming back. No matter how much weight I continue to lose. Kudos on a great post!!!!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

OMG... you have to be kidding me. Yes, you can tell they totally photoshopped that. She doesn't even look the least bit healthy. UGGH.. I hate how the fashion world defines skinny. I'll never be that skinny and I never want to be either. Thanks for posting about this... I really do feel for the teens that are growing up in this age and think they have to look like this.

Kelli said...

Society's view of how women should look is so different from God's view. Unfortunately, the world is winning with it's terrible influence on young girls. This is a distasteful display of what the magazines promote as being "healthy".Thanks for sharing.

Net Strand said...

The fashion world and hollywood should quit air brushing and photoshopping. They are making "Fake" people and the actual celebrities and models do not look anything like the published magazine photos.

Beth in NC said...

Oh, that picture is disgusting! I agree with you.