A Big Interview with Dr. Kristi Funk

Today's a big day...


It's October's Breast Cancer Awareness month! And I have the unique opportunity to Interview ... renown celebrity breast cancer surgeon, Dr. Kristi Funk. We're discussing the importance of early detection.

As you all know, I am a huge advocate of Yoplait Yogurts and particularly, yes, Fiber One Yogurts! All good things for you. Again, I am happy to team together with Yoplait for another healthy choice for woman and our families.

Yoplait has teamed up with Dr. Funk this year to reach women and men with important breast health information – specifically facts about early detection, risk reduction and ways to support the cause. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer within her lifetime and age is a significant risk factor. This is a great time to consider breast health and the importance of early detection.

Yoplait's Save Lids to Save Lives program, raises awareness and funds for the breast cancer cause by encouraging people to save and send in their pink Yoplait yogurt lids in September and October. Yoplait donates 10 cents to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for every pink lid sent in by the end of the year, up to $1.5 million with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000.

Please share any questions you have and want to know before the interview! Then, we'll have a little Q & A available as follow up. So share your story and questions here.

I'll go first, I began mammograms at 39 years old. I felt what seemed abnormal for me, a lump. Immediately scheduled an appointment with my doctor. Yes, I had a brave friend join me. Because face it, who wants to get scary news solo. Mountain Man was not able and I was blessed to have someone support me. Fortunately, my mammogram was clear!

Looking back that was fear, and you know I do not advocate acting out of fear.

However, I do advocate regular checkups. And irionically, even me, one who is proactive out my mammograms, I am overdue as I received this Interview Opportunity. So yes, I'll be scheduling my mammogram asap.

Go here - Dr. Kristi Funk's Bio is impressive. Women are blessed to have such a knowledgeable pioneer dedicated to this cause and research.

Give me your questions and I'll see you back soon with the Interview with Dr. Kristi Funk!


Warmly,

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I can't wait to hear the interview. Thank you for doing this. Yoplait does ROCK and I am insanely into the Yoplait delights. 2 a day ;).

Shannon said...

Hubs eats Yoplait every night. Is the address on the containers of where to mail then to?

Shannon said...

That should say "them", lol. I need to start proof reading before I hit publish. :)