|Engadine Inn and Cabins at Honey Hill Asheville, NC|
- Engadine was built in 1885...10 years before the construction of the Biltmore Estate.
- Engadine is on the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1885!
- Located just 15 minutes from the urban center of Asheville, Engadine is a country retreat offering luxury accommodations in 5 bed and breakfast rooms in the Inn or in 6 mountain cabins on the 12 acre property.
- The Inn is reserved for adults only, but our Cabins are family friendly and some are also pet friendly.
|Engadine Inn and Cabins a National Register of Historic Places©|
Rick and Tom, the new owners, are excited to bring the historic name of Honey Hill back to Engadine making it full circle to the historic, original name Engadine Inn and Cabins.
|Rick and Tom, Owners of the Engadine Inn and Cabins©|
This is the beautiful dining room in which a fresh, hot breakfast is served every morning for the Inn guests.
|Engadine Inn and Cabin© Asheville, NC|
It was delightful to have long time blogging family friends join us for dinner and fun one evening! They love the mountains as well. It was wonderful to be reunited in this beautiful setting. And my have the children grown! Thanks for taking the time @OneMomsWorld.
|CarolinaMama Family and One Moms World Family Reunion at Engadine|
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Engadine Inn & Cabins. It was truly a time of refreshing and family time. We love the mountains so the 12 acre property gave us the feeling of being on our own mountain.
We stayed in the Mt. Mitchell Log Cabin. It is the only cabin that will accommodate up to 6 people. This cabin was beautiful! It had beautiful hardwood floors throughout. There are 2 private bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with showers and bath. The Upstairs master bath has a jacuzzi tub. The full kitchen had all the necessary cooking supplies, a full refrigerator and microwave.
All the cabins have a wood burning fireplace that can be used from through
|Fireplace at Mt. Mitchell Cabin Engadine by CarolinaMama©|
The Deck of the Mt. Mitchell Cabin was spectacular. Our views were breathtaking as the Fall Leaves were turning across the Blue Ridge Mountains. We ate breakfast on the deck and enjoyed the mountain air and amazing views.
|Engadine Inn and Cabins, Asheville, NC by CarolinaMama©|
Here is the eat in kitchen of the Cabin. We loved the Owl and Butterfly theme throughout! I have to say we ate our Breakfasts on the Deck! :) This is great, too.
We opted for the Continental Breakfast in the Cabin. This lovely basket of fruit and gourmet muffins awaited us with orange juice, greek yogurt and coffee.
The rooms in our cabin had a real fun and mountain feel. We loved this handmade quilt displayed here.
The bathrooms were spacious and had all the amenities. This is my kind of 'camping' with fresh towels a plenty, luxury toiletries and more.
The master bedroom was spacious and had the comfort of a luxury hotel. Or home.
The log cabin wood feel was fun. Spa Selfie! :)
Speaking of spa, the hot tub, jacuzzi was perfect after hiking and touring the mountains.
Rick gave a warm welcome and knows all about Engadine and is ready to help accommodate you and your group / guests.
|Rick, Co-Owner of Engadine Inn and Cabins©|
You can see here at the staircase of the Engadine Inn the history and why this beauty is one of the National Historic Residences.
Engadine Inn and Cabins is part of the Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association. "ABBA"
- ABBA is made up of 16 of Asheville's premier bed and breakfast inns.
- The website offers "one stop" for prospective visitors to shop the Association's portfolio for availability and rates
- The Association develops seasonal, value-adding offerings to assist prospective guests with unique area experiences.
|Barn at Engadine by CarolinaMama©|
Since Engadine is so near Asheville, here are a few things about Asheville that you have to explore:
- Offers a burgeoning smorgasbord of restaurant and micro brewery experiences for "foodies' to choose from
- Offers surprisingly broad selection of arts and cultural experiences...from folk art to fine art, performances by a diverse spectrum of musicians and regional theatre groups and an eclectic mix of museums.
- Offers visitors a collection of world class tourist attractions and outdoor activities to enjoy...visiting Biltmore, driving the Blue Ridge Parkway, sight seeing in the Great Smoky Mountains Park, hiking the Appalachian Trail, rafting the French Broad River, etc.
We loved the Picnic Lunch available to take on the ABBA Artisan Tour. This was arranged by Engadine Inn and was ideal so we could enjoy the mountains, the artists and not worry about finding a restaurant or cafe.
There are many stops along the way of the ABBA Artisan Tour.
We enjoyed every bit of our stay. Our boys romped around until their hearts content!
|Our Cherubs, Tigers... Young Men love the Mountains by CarolinaMama©|
These are the good ole days. I love to capture the moments when we're together. It was such a wonderful Anniversary Getaway for the four of us.
|Our Asheville Anniversary #17 Strong CarolinaMama©|
Asheville Engadine Weddings:
We enjoyed the most beautiful Sunset at Engadine to celebrate our 17th Anniversary!
The is the beautiful meadow and Sunset area where Engadine will host Weddings.
|Engadine Inn and Cabins Asheville, NC by CarolinaMama©|
Here in this meadow you can enjoy Sunsets and a stunning outdoor Wedding locale.
We all enjoyed the Sunset.... this picture makes my heart happy. My world and I enjoying our Anniversary!
|Engadine Sunset by CarolinaMama©|
We enjoyed a little time to ourselves ...
We loved all of the beautiful views here. I had to capture this of my guys enjoying our stay. This was right after the beautiful Hot Air Balloons launched and floated toward Asheville !
|CarolinaMama and Family©|
Oh, the memories. I love capturing moments with my boys. I am so thankful to be their Mom.
|Engadine Asheville, NC CarolinaMama and Sons©|
Warmly, Carolina Mama
FTC Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Engadine Inn and Cabins and the Asheville Association of Bed and Breakfast. #ABBA Al opinions are my own.